Midwest Telephone Supply provides knowledgeable technical support and a complete parts inventory for TSG, Protel, and other major brands of payphone equipment. Call us toll-free 1-800-767-8440.
IMPORTANT: Manufacturers of smart phones are not like consumer electronics firms. They do not expect or appreciate calls from a lay person needing help on how to fix their phone. Consequently they will refer you back to where you purchased your payphone for repair information and guidance For this reason it is vital that you purchase your equipment from a company that employs technicians
and offers a full comprehensive tech support center.
Anyone can sell a payphone but it takes a real company to support it.
Regardless of any manufacturer's warranty someone still has to diagnose and get your phone up and running should a repair be necessary. Without a competent and experienced technician, your phone could sit for a long, long time should you end up purchasing a payphone from someone who fails to employ a tech support staff. Granted, maintaining an experienced and competent tech support team costs Midwest Telephone Supply extra money, but we consider this symbolic of our committment to our customer and our industry.
Suggested guidelines before purchasing a pay phone:
- Get it in writing that you will have access to full time technicians capable of servicing smart phones.
- Ask if they actually stock parts for the phones they sell at their facility.
- Ask to see a copy of their warranty
- If they post their warranty on the internet, beware of situations that say "see warranty card sent with shipment" or "Call us about our return policy". Also be careful of any company that says "oh that's in the box when you get the phone" or "see warranty card when you get your phone". Some companies often exclude labor from their warranty statements.
- Finally get it in writing exactly how they will handle repairs after the warranty period has expired.